NASA LISA Study Team

Happy to announce that I was just selected as a member of the NLST, which stands for NASA (which stands for National Aeronautics and Space Administration) LISA (which stands for Laser Space Interferometer Antenna) Study Team!

The NLST is charged as proxies for the future LISA user community in the US, to provide scientific analysis to inform these discussions as well as the NASA policy and budget formulation processes surrounding LISA.

I am excited to contribute to this effort as gravitational waves in general and LISA in particular are critical scientific opportunities for fundamental physics and astrophysics in both the US and the world.

I am joining a great team and am even looking forward to adding another telecon to my schedule!

Cover of the LISA proposal document showing a representation of the triangular pattern of the planned LISA spacecraft with Earth in the background and a starry field in the far background. The title reads "LISA: Laser Interferometer Space Antenna". The subtitle is "A proposal in response to the ESA call for L3 mission concepts" At the bottom reads: "Lead Proposer: Prof. Dr. Karsten Danzmann"
LISA L3 Mission proposal cover.